New Zombie Attractions Opens
At The Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center in Pigeon Forge
PIGEON FORGE, TN (June 12, 2015) - The Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center in Pigeon Forge has opened its newest thrill attraction Outbreak - Dread the Undead, according to Tej Sundher of Kuvera Partners. The year-round haunted attraction joins the Hollywood Wax Museum, Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, and Castle of Chaos at the hilltop site on Showplace at Parkway.
Outbreak offers a high energy, thrill-a-minute haunted walk-through experience filled with hordes of the undead. The adventure takes place in the laboratory of ChemaCorp, a global leader in biotechnology, medical research, and defense contracting, where guests will come face to face with a military experiment gone terribly wrong. Alpha Strain, a viral compound designed to enhance soldier DNA, has turned test subjects and the entire research staff into aggressive zombies that must be stopped.
"Outbreak sets a new milestone in haunted attractions," says Sundher. "The sets and scenes were created to be as authentic as possible. In addition to phenomenal live scares, we used next-generation animatronic characters which are the first of their kind in this industry."
All of the hyper-realistic looking zombie characters have their movements randomized with unique body motions, allowing them to choose how they move each time they are triggered. This gives a more lifelike performance and ensures that the characters never quite move the same way twice.
Guests are bombarded with sights, sounds, fog, aerosol attacks and even smells that blur the lines between fiction and reality. The audio in Outbreak was composed by two Emmy-award-winning sound designers who have worked for more than 30 years in film and television. Five unique scents (hospital, haunted house, boiler room, rotting decay, and campfire) are pumped into the attraction at key locations to make it all the more fun and creepy.
"We are extremely proud of the growth Pigeon Forge has experienced in the last few years, including the development of the Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center," says Mayor David Wear. "To see a great company like Kuvera Partners continue to invest in local tourism and provide popular, high quality attractions is wonderful and definitely contributes to our success as a destination. We are excited to welcome Outbreak and can't wait to see how we fare against those zombies!"
The new attraction in Pigeon Forge builds upon Kuvera's success with its original Outbreak in Myrtle Beach, SC, opened last June. According to Sundher, "We've about doubled the square footage and added ten more scenes to the experience in Pigeon Forge. Its size and scope makes it one of the largest and most technically-advanced, year-round haunted attractions in the country."
Outbreak will be included in the new All Access Pass, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy all four attractions for a discounted price. The facility is open 365 days a year from 9 am until late. For hours and additional information, visit www.HollywoodWaxEntertainment.com.
ABOUT HOLLYWOOD WAX MUSEUM ENTERTAINMENT CENTER - Pigeon Forge
The Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center is a multi-attraction landmark located in Pigeon Forge on Showplace Blvd. Four attractions make up the complex: Hollywood Wax Museum, 5D Castle of Chaos, Hannah's Maze of Mirrors, and the new Outbreak. The two-story Hollywood Wax Museum is the largest in the country and includes a VIP Observation Deck offering extensive views of the Smoky Mountains. From playing with the stars at the interactive wax museum to scoring points for shooting rats and bats in a 5D theater, the Hollywood Entertainment Center draws guests of all ages into the worlds of movies, magic, fantasy and adventure.
ABOUT KUVERA PARTNERS
Based in Los Angeles, Kuvera Partners is a privately-held corporation with interests in the attractions, self-storage and real estate industries. Founded in 1965, the company's history of success is the result of its ongoing research and continual development of resources and relationships. For more information, please visit http://www.kuverapartners.com/.
Corporate Communications Director
- October 15, 2015 Hollywood Wax Museum Announces Promotion and High-Level Vacancy to Fill
- 2014 News Archive
- 2013 News Archive
- May 14, 2013 World's Tallest Living Man Visits Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- May 1, 2013 Hollywood Wax Museum in Pigeon Forge, Tenn Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Free Tickets for Pigeon Forge City Employees
- February 1, 2013 Redbox to Sell Hollywood Wax Museum and Guinness World Records Museum Tickets at Los Angeles-Area Kiosks
- January 22, 2013 ABC's The Bachelor breaks World Record for "Longest On-Screen Kiss at the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- 2012 News Archive
- November 30, 2012 Oscar-Winning Make-Up Artist Rick Baker Honored with Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Two Guinness World Records on Same Day
- October 24, 2012 Kuvera Partners Honors Outstanding Organizations with Waxy Awards
- June 7, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Owners Recognized as Heroes of Hollywood
- May 11, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Opens in Pigeon Forge
- February 1, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Sponsors Hollywood's 125th Birthday Celebration
- 2011 News Archive
- November 29, 2011 Franchise of the Year Award Presented to Kuvera Partners for the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- July 17, 2011 An Icon is Born: Shoot for the Stars Mini-Golf Gets Own Version of Major Hollywood Landmark
- April 28, 2011 Hollywood Wax Museum and Guinness Museum Participate in First Annual Half Off Hollywood Month
- March 9, 2011 Hollywood Wax Museum Secures Perception NYC to Produce Tribute to Hollywood
- February 26, 2011 Hollywood Entertainment Center Honored by Branson Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 News Archive
- 2009 News Archive