ABC's The Bachelor breaks World Record for "Longest On-Screen Kiss
at the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
Courtesy of Guinness World Records
Courtesy of Guinness World Records
January 22, 2013
HOLLYWOOD—The Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum was featured on ABC's hit romance reality series The Bachelor, yesterday, Jan. 21, 2013. Sean Lowe, this season's latest Bachelor, took contestant Lesley M. to the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum on a special "one-on-one date". During the episode, the couple broke the Guinness World Record for "Longest On-Screen Kiss" by kissing in front of a live audience for 3:22, beating the previous record by seven seconds.
Lowe will join his father, Jay, as a Guinness World Record holder. The senior Lowe achieved the record for “Lowest Fuel Consumption” on May 4, 1997. Jay and friend, Ted Jacobs, drove a manual 5-speed Chevy Geo Metro 7,229.3 miles through 48 States on 164 gallons of gas.
The record-breaking episode was shot at the Museum on Sept. 30, 2012, after six weeks of preparation, site visits, tech scouts, and production of a special display commemorating the elder Lowe’s world record achievement 15 years before his son’s. The five-hour filming included interior and exterior shots, as well as an overview of the scene from the roof of the Hollywood Wax Museum across the street.
Guinness World Records Adjudicator Stuart Claxton traveled from the organization’s New York location to observe and officially sanction the record-breaking kiss but was unable to reveal the outcome until the airing of the show Monday.
The Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum is in the record books itself, as a National Register Landmark. The building housed one of the oldest movie theaters in Hollywood, originally built in 1913.
About Kuvera Partners
Based in Los Angeles, Kuvera Partners is a privately-held corporation with interests in the attractions, self storage and real estate industries. Founded in 1965, the company's history of success is the result of its ongoing research and continual development of resources and relationships. To contact Kuvera Partners please visit the website at http://www.kuverapartners.com/.
About the Guinness World Records MuseumOne of the best things to do in Hollywood since 1991, the Guinness Museum is a top LA attraction, vividly showcasing records, from the great to the gross, in a fun up-close look at pop culture, sports, space, technology, animals, natural phenomena and, of course, the limits of human potential. The Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum is located directly across Hollywood Boulevard from the world-famous Hollywood Wax Museum. http://www.guinnessmuseumhollywood.com/
About The Bachelor
On ABC’s hit primetime reality series The Bachelor, one lucky man is offered the chance to find true love. A single and eligible Bachelor embarks on a romantic journey, getting to know a bevy of beautiful bachelorettes, gradually narrowing the field to the one woman to whom he may propose marriage in the dramatic season finale. Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelor, now in its 25th season, is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television and airs on Mondays 8/7c on ABC. For more information on the program, visit http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor.
Corporate Communications Director
- June 12, 2015 New Zombie Attractions Opens at The Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center in Pigeon Forge
- October 3, 2014 Grand Palace Theater Purchased By Branson Entertainment Center-Branson, LLC
- May 14, 2013 World's Tallest Living Man Visits Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- May 1, 2013 Hollywood Wax Museum in Pigeon Forge, Tenn Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Free Tickets for Pigeon Forge City Employees
- February 1, 2013 Redbox to Sell Hollywood Wax Museum and Guinness World Records Museum Tickets at Los Angeles-Area Kiosks
- 2012 News Archive
- November 30, 2012 Oscar-Winning Make-Up Artist Rick Baker Honored with Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Two Guinness World Records on Same Day
- October 24, 2012 Kuvera Partners Honors Outstanding Organizations with Waxy Awards
- June 7, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Owners Recognized as Heroes of Hollywood
- May 11, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Opens in Pigeon Forge
- February 1, 2012 Hollywood Wax Museum Sponsors Hollywood's 125th Birthday Celebration
- 2011 News Archive
- November 29, 2011 Franchise of the Year Award Presented to Kuvera Partners for the Hollywood Guinness World Records Museum
- July 17, 2011 An Icon is Born: Shoot for the Stars Mini-Golf Gets Own Version of Major Hollywood Landmark
- April 28, 2011 Hollywood Wax Museum and Guinness Museum Participate in First Annual Half Off Hollywood Month
- March 9, 2011 Hollywood Wax Museum Secures Perception NYC to Produce Tribute to Hollywood
- February 26, 2011 Hollywood Entertainment Center Honored by Branson Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 News Archive
- 2009 News Archive